Hello, and welcome back to Equity, the podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Our Monday show covers the latest in tech news from the weekend and what’s making headlines early in the week. Here’s what we got into today:
- Stocks are down around the world, while the value of crypto tokens is heading higher. Crypto trading volume is also trending north.
- It’s a huge week for earnings with names like Microsoft, Alphabet, Spotify, Snap, Meta, IBM, Amazon and Mobileye reporting, among others.
- Apple is spending big on generative AI, and TechCrunch has notes on just where the company intends to bring the tech.
- ZenML is proof that startups are not dropping the ball when it comes to generative AI more generally.
- Foxconn is under investigation, which is notable for its timing.
- And venture capital raised by Black American founders has fallen sharply in recent quarters.
And that’s that! We have a cracking episode coming on Wednesday, so stay tuned!